HOPE & POWER
Hope & Power is a class designed to help build confidence and self-esteem, and to help survivors of domestic violence better manage their financial resources. In the classes participants are instructed on a variety of topics including:
- Net Worth
- Credit Reports
- Financial Aid for education
- Legal advocacy for victims
- Employment counseling
The class is intended to help participants get a better understanding of their personal finances and build confidence in their ability to better manage other areas of their lives.
Hope & Power classes are free and meet for 3 hours weekly for 10 weeks. Childcare and transportation assistance is provided. Classes are held at a safe, secure, confidential location.
If you are interested in attending a Hope & Power class, or would like more information, please contact us.
KID’S CLUB CLASSES
Kid’s Club is a 10 week program designed to help children, aged 5 to 11, that have been raised in a domestic violent environment. Children who witness domestic violence learn that it is ok to hurt or be hurt by someone that you love, especially if they make you angry. Kid’s club is a safe place where children can heal from the exposure to domestic violence.
- Help children process what they have experienced and witnessed.
- Teach behaviors that promote healthy relationships.
- Learn healthy management of emotions.
- Increase a child’s sense of safety.
- Parents learn to talk and listen to their children about their experiences.
- Parents gain a better understanding of the impact that domestic violence has had on their children.
- Kid’s Club classes are free and include food and transportation vouchers. Classes are held at a safe, secure, confidential location.
If you are interested in attending with your child our Kid’s Club class, or would like more information, please contact us.